At the beginning of 2022, the events industry saw signs of a return to planning in-person events in regions where travel is opening up.
Many event planners are enthusiastic about getting back to their old business models. But with the lessons that our industry has learned over the past two years, going back to pre-pandemic events would be a mistake. Instead, event organizers should take the advancements made in technology over the last two years and use them to run smarter, more profitable events in 2022.
This report summarizes the state of the events industry in 2022, analyzes the key takeaways from two years of virtual events, and delivers tips on running smart in-person events in 2022.
You’ll learn how the events industry was headed for inevitable change, even pre-pandemic, the effects of two years of virtual events, and the key takeaways to remember as you begin planning your next in-person experience.
Inside this free handbook, you’ll find:
- An overview of up-to-date trends and insights about returning to in-person events
- An analysis of the benefits of virtual events
- A study on how audience expectations have changed since pre-pandemic times
- A guide on how event planners can apply lessons learned from the shift to digital events to our renewed in-person experiences
- First-hand experiences through case studies that showcase successful smart events
- Recent, industry-first insights into the state of global events post-pandemic
- A downloadable and printable checklist of what an event organizer needs when planning a smart event in 2022